Kayak Pool Sessions
We are pleased to announce Pool Sessions for 2014, with Lee’s Adventure Sports & the great Keith Wikle. Pool sessions will be held at Gabel Natatorium Pool under Lawson Ice Arena on WMU’s campus. Indoor Pool Sessions will run from 7-9 PM, Outdoor sessions 6-8PM. Go Kayak Now! will offer eskimo rolling and rescue lessons in the pool.
• Sunday, Jan 5 2014
• Sunday, Jan 19 2014
• Sunday, Feb 2 2014
• Sunday Feb 16 2014
• Sunday Mar 2 2014
• Sunday Mar 30 2014
• Indoor Pool Sessions: 7-9PM
• Outdoor Sessions: 6-8PM
• I just want to use the pool: $15.00
• I want to use the pool and get a lesson: $45.00
• I want to rent a kayak from Lee’s (which I must pick up, pay for, and transport prior to the session) and use the pool: $25.00
• I want to rent a kayak from Lee’s (which I must pick up, pay for, and transport prior to the session) and get a lesson: $55.00
What Do I Need to Bring?
• A spotlessly clean kayak. The lifeguards have expressed contempt and disdain for us in the past based on dead leaves, nuts and berries, and dead squirrels into the pool. So spray down your kayak inside and out BEFORE bringing it to the pool. And we will have a very happy Gabel Pool!
• If you are doing a lesson you NEED a sea kayak or a white water kayak, NO rec boats.
• Lifejacket. I know it seems silly while in the pool, with a lifeguard, BUT if I have to perform a hand of god on you, do you want me grabbing your face to get you upright in an emergency. Didn’t think so…
• Swimsuit (required), towel and goggles (not required but recommended)
• Sprayskirt: I know it seems silly to have to mention it, but yes you do need a spray skirt to do rolling.
How Do I Sign Up?
Please contact Keith Wikle at (269) 245-1526 for sign-up.
Lee's is also available to answer any questions at (269) 381-7700.